Spring 2023 5k/10k Training Program
Spring into the season with 4RUN3! Looking to get back into running, to start running, or to maintain your fitness with moderate miles? Then this program is for you! ALL levels of runners, run/walkers, and walkers are welcome!
- Two "tracks" will be offered:
- The 5K track, which starts at 1 mile and maxes out at 4 miles
- The 10K track, which starts at 3 miles and maxes out at 6 miles
- Each group session will feature two routes, one for each track.
- Participants can start in whichever track they like and can switch back and forth as needed.
- Training begins Wednesday, 3/29/23
- Group sessions on Wednesdays @ 6:00 PM and Saturdays @ 9:00 AM
- All group sessions will begin and end at 4RUN3, located at 78 Center Square in East Longmeadow.
- The graduation race for this program will be the much loved NICU Family & Friends 5k, 10k, & 1 Mile Road Race, scheduled for 6/10/23 at Minnechaug Regional High School.
- The cost of the race registration is not included, but all group participants will receive a coupon code for a discounted registration fee.
- Participation in the graduation race is encouraged, but not required.
- 5K participants should be able to comfortably run, run/walk, or walk 1 mile.
- 10K participants should be able to comfortably run, run/walk, or walk 3 miles.
- Route maps with turn-by-turn directions provided.
- Additional navigation support available using RunGo app.
- All members will receive a program packet with suggested training schedule(s), optional strength training routines, recommended stretching routines, and more.
- 3-4 workouts per week recommended (2 with group) plus 1-2 days of cross training (optional, but recommended).
- Group coaching will be done through in person sessions (with optional individual coaching available upon request).
- Coaching focus is on injury prevention, improving efficiency, and mental strategies.
- All workouts begin with dynamic stretching to warm up and help avoid injury.
- Recommended post-run stretching routine provided.
Registration Fee Includes:
- two group meetings per week
- training schedule (one for each track)
- 4RUN3 Running Club membership
- customized program technical shirt
- detailed route maps
- team support and encouragement
- weekly training eNewsletter
- and more!